The CELTA course at The British Council in Colombia
If you are thinking of starting a career or want a further qualification in English Language Teaching, a CELTA course with the British Council at our state-of-the-art premises in Salitre, Bogota will be the ideal solution.
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an internationally recognised English teaching qualification for people with little or no previous teaching experience. It is one of the most widely taken qualifications of its kind and it is essential for anyone hoping to work for a reputable English language teaching institution, such as the British Council.
Our intensive, four-week CELTA course helps participants acquire the language awareness, lesson planning and classroom management skills needed to teach English to adult learners. It is a full-time course that is challenging and rewarding in equal measure. Candidates' performance is continually assessed and they are expected to meet regular deadlines. The Salitre centre is equipped with the latest technological teaching aids and is situated in a modern, safe and well-communicated facility.
The CELTA is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, a part of the University of Cambridge, and the British Council CELTA course is recognised and externally moderated by Cambridge English Language Assessment.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- acquire essential subject knowledge and familiarity with the principles of effective teaching
- demonstrate your ability to apply your learning in a real teaching context
- take part in teaching practice from day two of the course
- observe experienced teachers at work
- carry out formal written assignments
- receive feedback and guidance from experienced trainers.
The course emphasises a student-centred approach and requires extensive, supervised teaching practice in actual classes with adult learners at different levels.
- be at least 18 (It is generally recommended that candidates should be aged 20 or over, but candidates aged between 18 and 20 can be accepted at the centre’s discretion.)
- have an awareness of language and a competence in both written and spoken English, which will enable them to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels
- have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to complete successfully the written assignments and the assessment of practice teaching.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, please write to email@example.com